Poster Sessions will be held live in the virtual platform, SpatialChat:
- Wednesday (8/11) from 4:30-6:30pm EDT
- Thursday (8/12) from 4:30-6:30pm EDT
- Friday (8/13) from 1-3pm EDT
Your poster will be available for conference attendees to view at any time during the conference, but an abstract author is expected to virtually stand by their poster within the Spatial Chat room during the 2-hour time on the day they have been assigned.
Please look at your room assignment below (be sure to scroll, there’s 3 pages!) to determine the day and room you are assigned to (this information was also sent to presenters via email).
Each Poster Presentation at the meeting must be made by an abstract author who is registered for the meeting.
General Poster Formatting Guidelines:
Please follow the following format guidelines to facilitate and enhance the virtual poster session. Your poster should be:
- Orientation: Landscape
- Dimensions: 32 x 20 inches (8:5 aspect ratio)
- File Size: 2 MB (or less)
- File Type: .png or .jpeg
- Please leave a space in the top left corner of your poster for your SpatialChat icon (circle). When presenting your poster during your session, you will be asked to “stand” in this location so attendees can readily find and interact with you.
- You will be asked to pin your poster in the SpatialChat room you have been assigned to during the week of July 26 – Aug 2. Posters must be pinned by 11:59pm EDT Aug. 2, 2021. After August 2, you will not be able to pin items.
- Please follow these instructions to pin your poster:
- You can access poster rooms starting on July 26 via CrowdCompass—an invitation link will be sent to the presenter’s email with login instructions
- Check the schedule, find the event titled “Poster pinning”, and click the “join session” button
- Upon entering Spatial Chat, find your room assignment listed on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Proceed to the room and find an open poster space (will be shown as a gray box).
- Click the “+” symbol in the bottom menu, then “add image”, then select your poster.
- Adjust your poster to fit within the open gray poster space as needed.
- With your poster still selected, click the push pin image above it to pin it to the space.
- Please note SpatialChat operates best on Google Chrome, but Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and Opera web browsers are also accepted.
- Remember, people want to be able to read/skim your poster and look at images. Some people may want to spend a longer period of time looking at the content, but most will not.
Thematic Poster session presenters:
- An abstract author is expected to virtually present a thematic poster and be present within the assigned Spatial Chat room during the 2-hour time on the day assigned.
- During the first hour of each thematic poster session, attendees will be given 10 min to browse the 5-6 posters within the room, then each poster presenter will give a 2 min summary of their poster and there will be 3 min of questions per poster. Finally, there will be 15 min of moderated discussion.
- The final hour of each session will be a regular poster session where attendees will virtually walk around, and an abstract author is expected to virtually stand by their poster within the Spatial Chat room.
Regular Poster session presenters:
- Each Poster Presentation at the meeting must be made by an abstract author who is registered for the meeting
- Poster presentations will be held live/synchronous in SpatialChat, a video chat platform designed to foster real-life conversations.
- An abstract author is expected to be present within the assigned Spatial Chat room during the 2-hour time on the day assigned.